MuteMe was founded in the fall of 2020 by couples with children all under the age of 4 in Sacramento, CA. These parents experienced constant interruptions while they tried to keep up with their professional lives through virtual meetings. The current solutions didn’t allow them to mute/unmute quickly enough.
So they decided to do something about it. They put their heads together to ideate, prototype, and came up with a useful MuteMe button that not only mutes/unmutes your microphone quickly, syncs with popular conferencing software, but also allows others around them know when the are on mute or not.
MuteMe has been fueled by crowdfunding backers, engineers, parents, managers, and students. With overwhelming support globally, MuteMe is the first illuminated mute button to hit the market to help you increase your confidence by quickly muting/unmuting your microphone in virtual calls.
- Aug'20 - Idea & Concept Development
- Sep'20 - Hardware Prototype
- Oct'20 - Software Prototype
- Nov'20 - Patent Pending
- Dec'20 - Kickstarter Launched (with Version 1.0 of the device)
- Dec'20 (end) - Version 2.0 of MuteMe is introduced and crowdfunding sales take off
- Jan'21 - Kickstarter ends, Indiegogo begins, e-commerce website launched
- Feb'21 - Finalized manufacturing partners, initial tooling
- Mar'21 - Finalized packaging, DFM, tooling refinement, initial production and USB-C introduced Version 3.0 of MuteMe
- Apr'21 - Mass production begins
- May'21 - US distribution and quality control is established
- May'21 - Shipping to customers begins
- Jun'21 - Devices available in Staples stores nationwide
- June'21 (end) - All pre-orders placed by May are fulfilled