We are striving to make our remote experience more natural.
With the large increased adoption of people who work and learn virtually due to COVID, the future going forward will see many businesses and education platforms retain the work/learn-from-home approach. The adoption of video conferencing tools has presented a higher learning curve for those who were given a shorter runway of time to adopt. Virtual meetings and classes are meant to emulate being physically together but often are met with the constant delays and pauses that reduce participation. Our team is made of makers, thinkers, dreamers, and doers!
Download our Media Kit Here
MuteMe was founded in the fall of 2020 by couples with children all under the age of 4 in Sacramento, CA. These parents experienced constant interruptions while they tried to keep up with their professional lives through virtual meetings. The current solutions didn’t allow them to mute/unmute quickly enough.
So they decided to do something about it. They put their heads together to ideate, prototype, and came up with an innovative MuteMe button that not only mutes/unmutes your microphone quickly, syncs with popular conferencing software, but also allows others around them know when the are on mute or not.
MuteMe has been fueled by crowdfunding backers, engineers, parents, managers, and students. With overwhelming support globally, MuteMe is the first illuminated mute button to hit the market to help you increase your confidence by quickly muting/unmuting your microphone in virtual calls.
- Aug'20 - Idea & conceptualization
- Sep'20 - Hardware prototype
- Oct'20 - Software prototype
- Nov'20 - MuteMe tech patent-pending
- Dec'20 - Kickstarter launched with v1.0 MuteMe
- Dec'20 (end) - v2.0 MuteMe introduced, crowdfunding sales take-off
- Jan'21 - Kickstarter ends, Indiegogo and e-commerce site launched
- Feb'21 - Final manufacturing partners, initial tooling
- Mar'21 - Final packaging, DFM, tooling, and USB-C v3.0 MuteMe introduced
- Apr'21 - Mass production begins
- May'21 - US distribution and quality control established
- May'21 (end) - Shipping began
- Jun'21 - MuteMe's available in Staples stores nationwide
- June'21 (end) - All pre-orders placed by May are fulfilled