Changing Language On Zoom
This support article is for users that would like to change their language settings on Zoom. MuteMe application sync technology currently only works with Zoom in english. Multiple language support is something we plan on adding at some point in the future.
We use a combination of technologies to understand the current condition of the Zoom application and ascertain mute status. These technologies are currently only coded to detect english at this point. We will at some point add language support for other languages but you can follow the steps outlined here to use your MuteMe right away.
- Go to your Finder, then Applications and then locate the Zoom application.
- Double click the zoom.us app to launch the application.
- Once the application is running right-click or option-click the Zoom icon in your dock.
- Hover over Switch Languages and then.
- Choose english as your language.
- Click the Windows Start button or click the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Locate the Zoom folder or type in Zoom and then click Zoom to launch the application.
- Click the notification tray icon ^ on the bottom right of your Windows taskbar next to your system clock if the Zoom icon is not visible on the system tray.
- Right-click the Zoom icon in the tray.
- Hover over Switch Languages.
- Select the english as the desired language.
Note: The Zoom application will restart and you will need to open it or sign in again if you were signed in.
The language settings do not have other impacts. The microphone detection and OS level mute will continue to work regardless of language preference across both Windows and macOS.
Language options are available in the following zoom client versions.
- Windows: version 3.5.53922.0613 or higher
- macOS: version 3.5.53922.0613 or higher
Last Updated: 10:10AM - PST - June 11, 2022
Please let us know via the chatbot if this article helped or didn't help resolve your issue.